Prof. Elena PERELOMA
University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Candidate of Sciences in Physics and Mathematics (PhD), 1987
Instituteof Metal Physics, National Academy of Sciences, Ukraine
Bachelor of Metallurgical Engineering (HI), 1981, Kiev Polytechnical Institute, Ukraine
Professor of Physical Metallurgy
Director of BlueScope Steel Metallurgy Centre
Director of UOW Electron Microscopy Centre
The University of Wollongong, Wollongong, Australia
Positions held in the past 15 years
08/1993-08/1995Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Queen's University, Kingston, Canada
08/1995-12/1998 Lecturer, Department of Materials Engineering, Monash University, Australia
01/1999-12/2004 Senior Lecturer, School of Physics and Materials Engineering, Monash University, Autralia
01/2005-14/01/2007 Associate Professor, Department of Materials Engineering, Monash University, Australia
Total number of publications: 191, more than 1350 citations, h-index=19
Ten career-best publications
1. A.A. Gazder, A.A. Saleh and E.V. Pereloma, Microtexture Analysis of Cold Rolled and Annealed Twinning Induced Plasticity Steel, Scripta Materialia, 65(6) (2011), 560-563.
2. S.S. Hazra, A.A. Gazder and E.V. Pereloma, Microstructure and Mechanical Properties after Annealing of Equal Channel Angular Pressed Interstitial Free Steel, Acta Materialia, 59 (2011), 4015-4029.
3. E.V. Pereloma, I.B. Timokhina, M.K. Miller, P.D. Hodgson, Three-Dimensional Atom Probe Analysis of Solute Distribution in Thermomechanically Processed TRIP Steels, Acta Materialia,55 (2007), 2587-2598
4. S. Li, A.A. Gazder, I.J. Beyerlein, E.V. Pereloma, C.H.J. Davies, Effect of Processing Route on the Microstructure and Texture Development in Equal Channel Angular Extrusion of Interstitial Free Steel, Acta Materialia, 54 (2006), 1087-1100.
5. E.V. Pereloma, I.B. Timokhina, J.J. Jonas, M.K. Miller, Fine Scale Microstructural Investigations of Warm Rolled Low Carbon Steels with and Without Cr, P and B Additions, Acta Materialia, 54 (2006) 4539-4551
6. E.V. Pereloma, A. Shekhter, M.K. Miller and S.P. Ringer, Ageing Behaviour of Fe-20Ni-1.8Mn-1.6Ti-0.59Al(wt%) Maraging Steel: Acta Materialia, 52 (2004), 5589-5602.
7. F. Dalla Torre, R. Lapovok, J. Sandlin, P.F. Thomson, C.H.J. Davies, E.V. Pereloma, Microstructures and Properties of Copper Processed by Equal Channel Angular Extrusion for 1-16 Passes, Acta Materialia, 52 (2004), 4819-4832.
8. V. Bata and E. Pereloma, An Alternative Physical Explanation of the Hall-Petch Relation, Acta Materialia, 52 (2004), 657-665.
9. I.B. Timokhina, P.D. Hodgson, E.V. Pereloma, Effect of Microstructure on the Stability of Retained Austenite in TRIP Steel, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, 35A, (2004), 2331-2341.
10. P.C. M. Rodrigues, E.V. Perelomaand D.B. Santos, Mechanical Properties of an HSLA Bainitic Steel Subjected to Controlled Rolling with Accelerated Cooling, Materials Science and Engineering, A283 (2000), 136-143.
Areas of expertise include thermo-mechanical processing of steels, physical metallurgy and severe plastic deformation of metals. She is also an expert in application of advanced experimental techniques, such as atom probe tomography and electron microscopy to microstructure characterisation of steels and alloys.